Washington dc water color club - association
Founded in 1896 by Marietta Andrews, the Washington Water Color Club was later renamed the Washington Water Color Association. Parker Mann was its first president and the first exhibition was held at the Cosmos Club in 1896. Later exhibitions were held in the Hemicycle and other rooms of the Corcoran Gallery of Art and the National Museum of the Smithsonian Institution, now the Museum of Natural History. Being one of the earliest professional artist organizations in the Washington, D.C., early exhibitions included artists from New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, France, Germany, Holland, England, Canada and Australia as well as Washington, D.C. Its past members included James Henry Moser, August H. O. Rolle, William Henry Holmes, Seward Hume Rathbun, Omar R. Carrington and Andrew Wyeth. The WWCA is still based in Washington, D.C. Source: Washington Water Color Association. Submitted by M.D. Silverbrooke.