Memphis academy - college of art
Deliberately kept small, independent, private and not-for-profit, it has an enrollment of about 300 students. It was founded in 1925 as The Memphis Academy of Art and was first housed in Memphis, Tennessee in the Goyer-Lee House in Victorian Village. In 1959, it moved into its current Overton Park location at 1930 Poplar Avenue behind the Memphis Brooks Museum. Known since the 1980s as the Memphis Collage of Art, it offers degrees of Bachelor and Masters of Fine Art. Sources: Wikipedia, "Memphis College of Art"; Frederic Koeppel, "The Commercial Appeal', newspaper, 2/3/2009.