Leonardo da vinci art school
Founded in 1923 by sculptor Onorio Rutolo, it was funded by the Italian-American community in New York City to provide academic art teaching to talented young men and women from the working poor. It was first located in Manhattan's Lower East Side at 10th street off of Avenue A. The school, which over the two decades it existed, had many students who later went on to become famous artists including Isamu Noguchi and Elaine de Kooning. Source: Sam Raskin, son of Anne Raskin, in AskART biography of his mother.