Grand central school of art
Founded in 1923 in New York City by John Singer Sargent, Edmund Greacen and Walter Leighton Clark, it was operated by members of Grand Central Art Galleries, a cooperative. Sargent and Daniel Chester French served as first Directors in the facility, which was a 7,000 square foot space on the 7th Floor of the east wing of the Grand Central Terminal. The first year enrollment was about 400 students, and the school expanded rapidly to being one of the largest art schools in the city. Among the prominent teachers were Harvey Dunn and Arshile Gorky. Well-known students include Ken Riley, Gerald Delano, Charles Addams and Norman Rockwell. The school, which held summer sessions in Eastport, Maine, closed in 1944. Despite similarities in name, the Grand Central School of Art had no relationship to the Grand Central Academy of Art. Source: Wikipedia, Grand Central School of Art.