Desert art center
The oldest and largest non-profit art association in Cochella Valley, California, it was founded in 1950 on Highway 111 in Cathedral City by artists and friends of the arts. Three years later, the DAC was moved to 444 South Indian Avenue in Palm Springs, and the organization continues into the 21st Century. It is a place for exhibitions and artist demonstrations and also an "Art Mart" for artwork sales on weekends. Active artist members have been Jimmy Swinnerton, William Darling, Agnes Pelton and Carl Bray. Source: "Treasury of Living Art", DAC publication, 1970.