Deckle edge


The ragged edge of hand-made paper, it sometimes is simulated on machine made paper. Sources: Kimberley Reynolds and Richard Seddon, "Illustrated Dictionary of Art Terms" <br><br>The ragged edge found on handmade papers.<br><br>Edge of paper left ragged as it comes from the papermaking machine instead of being cleanly cut. Also called feather edge.<br><br>The rough edge of handmade paper formed in a deckle. Also called featheredge.