Critcher school of painting


Opened in 1919 and operated until 1940 on Connecticut Avenue in Washington DC, it was founded by Catharine Critcher and her sister, Louisa Kennon Critcher. Sculptor Clara Hill was a teacher as well as the Critcher sisters. Luisa died in 1939, and the next year, Catharine, who was spending much time in New Mexico, closed the school. Source: AskART biographies