A rod-shaped tool, also called a graver, with wooden handle and a variety of shaped points in a variety of sizes used for steel engraving. Source: Ralph Mayer, "A Dictionary of Art Terms and Techniques"<br><br>A tool used in engraving or incising metal plates and in carving stone. A knob-like wooden handle which holds a metal shaft having a sharp beveled point with one size of several possible shapes, either flat, round, multiple, or elliptical. Also called a graver. May refer to the technique or style of an engraver&#39;s work.(pr. BYOO-r&#601;n)Also see chisel.