Brooklyn society of miniature painters brooklyn
Founded by Nicholas [AKA: Nicolas] S. Macsoud in 1915; he served frequently as President from its founding until 1927. Charlotte E. Field also served as President for several years during the 1915 to 1927 period; afterwards, Edith Sawyer and Alexandrina R. Harris served as Presidents successively. The Inaugural Exhibition was at the Brooklyn Museum of Arts and Sciences in 1915. Subsequent exhibitions took place at the Hotel Bossart, Brooklyn and, most frequently, at the Brooklyn Museum. The last exhibition was at the National Arts Club, New York City in 1938. The society appears to have folded in 1939. Source: Wes & Rachelle Siegrist Art of Wildlife (website). Submitted by M.D. Silverbrooke.